Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2012

HOTTT New Lover’s Rock! Faze ft. Patrice – Can I Have You!




From www.dancehallworld.net to YouTube, to SoundCloud to Twitter, Faze is gaining visibility thanks to his string Reggae and Dancehall production, and thanks to “Can I Have You” featuring Patrice!  Since the chune was released a few weeks ago, feedback has been swift and all DJ’s agree, this is some sweet Lover’s Rock!

No matter your age, your geographic region or your faith, there is one universal truth that exists between a man and a woman and that’s desire which (in some cases) turns to Love.  Today’s chune from Faze featuring Patrice is called “Can I Have You!”

Produced by Faze for Smoke Shop Productions in Toronto, this Lover’s Rock chune is a beautiful interplay between a man and a woman who clearly have desire for each other, and we see the development of Love.  She says:  “I need you, need you, need you, need you baby / can I have you, have you, have you, for my baby / tonight…?”

He answers by saying “cause when you give me your loving / and you give me your touching / girl you make my body hot like me did in a oven / as you gone through the door you got me reminiscing / about your hugging and kissing and your kissing and caressing ….”

Kaboom!

As the chune progresses, we see that what starts as a question ‘can I have you,’ leads to something more.  Driving the lyrics forward is the riddim.  The bass line sits like a lizard on a limb riding off of every word performed, making you wonder if the riddim was made for the lyrics, or if the lyrics were made for the riddim.  Regardless, the chune is HOTTT!  And wait, one more thing, all Rastas will appreciate the drumming <<< big forward! 


Follow the team on Twitter >>> @fazefizzle |  @L3Magazine





No comments:

Post a Comment